CASE STUDY: CASTING TO STAMPING
This part had been previously produced using an casting process. MTD’s product engineers redesigned the part utilizing our Wrapped Tubular Stamping Technology and developed successful prototypes allowing the customer to prove out the product change. Through early research and development coupled with hard tool prototyping leading to mass production this new part eliminated the cast design and the need for an expensive secondary machining process. The results was a significant cost reduction for our customer.
MTD serves the metal-working industry by supporting the Auto, Commercial Truck, Furniture, Appliance, Alternative Energy and Exhaust markets. MTD is experienced in aluminum, HRS, CRS, HSLA, AHSS and stainless steel materials.
Our experience, strong technological background, dedication to continuous improvement, and focus on innovation make Middleville Tool & Die a leader in today’s metal stamping industry. Contact us at MTD to turn your ideas into reality.
– Progressive, Transfer and Line Tooling
– Dedicated Development Presses
– High Speed Machining Centers Up To 60” x 30” x 30”
– Wire EDM 20.5” x 14.5” x 12.2”
– Waterjet 48” x 96”
– CMM capabilities utilizing PC-DIMIS
– 7 axis laser scanner; cloud point inspection for validation or reverse engineering scanning
– Design utilizing Solidworks and AutoCad
– FEA software; AutoForm and PamStamp
CRS Stainless Steel
HSLA 203, 304, 409
AHSS 430, 439, 441