JOIN THE MTD TEAM
In Search Of Weld Production Supervisor – 3rd Shift
Middleville Tool & Die is looking for a Weld Production Supervisor to work 3rd shift. In this position, responsibilities include supervision of a group of up to 30 manufacturing associates, facilitating the schedule and achieving optimum manufacturing results meeting customer demand.
Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
- Provide support and training for manufacturing team members on new or existing processes with optimum safety, efficiency, quality, and waste reduction as goals.
- Identify and resolve problems which occur daily on the manufacturing floor and insure that problems which cannot be immediately solved are tracked for progress until resolution.
- Promote the lean culture that everyone should try to resolve a least one problem per day.
- Audit the workstations for proper documentation and perform parameter checks insuring specified set up and processes and conditions are adhered to.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing-related problems with Press Techs, Coil Techs, Material Handlers, Die Repair associates.
- Assist Coil Techs, Material Handlers, Press Techs, and Operators as required.
- Responsible for a safe, clean, work environment and 5S housekeeping.
- Train all new hires on proper procedures per Standardized Work Instructions.
- Utilize Standardized Work Instructions to evaluate, improve, or correct current situations on a regular basis.
- Pair, Maintenance, etc., and implement the solution.
- Promote and participate in activities improving set-up and changeover time reductions.
- Monitor Hour-by-Hour charting, calculate and chart Operational Availability to identify
- Provide normal dispute resolution and discipline as required by Human Resources referring major cases to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Requisition Company’s inventory/expensed materials and supplies as needed.
- Perform Manufacturing team members annual performance reviews.
- Communicates customer demand and job performance requirements to Manufacturing Team and provides the Manufacturing Manager with the shift’s results on a daily basis.
- Provide status on all jobs at end of shift to incoming Shift Leader.
- Promote the culture that everyone leave their work area at the end of shift the way they would like to find it at the start of shift.
- Participate in lean initiatives and continuous improvement events.
- Identify and attempt to eliminate all types of wastes.
- Anticipate problems and work to eliminate them before they happen.
- Organize and maintain work area to optimize productivity.
Equivalent to high school education plus specialized training in Lean Operations. Ability to operate all manufacturing machines and support equipment including welders. Leadership, team building, problem solving, and harassment training required.
Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing/Stamping capacity with die setting, welding, overhead crane, Hi-lo and basic hand tool experience required.
For 50 years, Middleville Tool & Die Company (MTD) has been exceeding the goals of our customers in a wide range of industries. From our humble beginnings in 1966 when Founder, Forest Middleton started the business with $7,500 worth of equipment, to the 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility Middleville Tool & Die is housed in today, we have evolved into a world class engineered products organization.
MTD has always been driven by innovation and strategic partnerships that has allowed us to make revolutionary products for our customers. Manufacturing isn’t a static industry. It requires a certain respect and knowledge of understanding when a process isn’t as efficient as it can be. It’s this very respect and know-how that MTD has carried for the past 50 years and will continue for the next 50 years.
To learn more about MTD, click here to watch a short video.