JOIN THE MTD TEAM
In Search Of Senior Die Designer
Looking for a Challenge?
We are looking for a high energy Senior Die Designer with extensive knowledge in tool processing and die design. The ideal candidate will have a creative mindset, love working on complex designs, and see each new challenge as an opportunity to apply and grow their engineering expertise.
As a Senior Die Designer, you will be part of a cross-functional engineering team that includes product design engineers, tooling engineers, simulation engineers, tool makers, and manufacturing engineers. This position is not for the average die designer, we are looking for the best of the best; if they hear a that a project will present a challenge, all they see is opportunity.
Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
A creative and thorough engineer with the ability to visualize the manufacturing of a metal part using a stamping die. They are capable of reviewing tools and die designs, determine the methods to assemble, test and debug complete tools especially stamping dies whether single hit, transfer or progressive. They review the part specifications, drawings, and requirements, work with the product development team, provided leadership to design resources and work primarily unsupervised to complete the tasks by performing the following duties.
- Create designs, details, and dimensioning of CAD files and prints for the manufacturing of dies and associated tooling, fixtures, and press modifications.
- Ensure to maintain/update part prints for manufacturing tools.
- Facilitate all internal and external design reviews.
- Comply with MTD/customer design process and standards, when required.
- Maintain design files.
- Receive, evaluate and disperse design assignments and documents to maintain steady workflow through design department.
- Track and files design changes requested by manufacturing.
- Maintain document control.
- Program Manage Outsourced Sim and Design Contractors
- Provide project management and development leadership to design team
- Comply with all company quality requirements.
- Apply lean manufacturing concepts to work methods.
- Organize and maintain personal work area.
- Consistently adhere to and support policies and procedures including ISO, TS16949 and safety regulations.
- Ensure a safe, clean working environment, promote and support MTD’s Lean System by ensuring 5-S standards are followed.
- Occasional other duties as assigned by Director of Engineering & Tooling.
For 50 years, Middleville Tool & Die Company (MTD) has been exceeding the goals of our customers in a wide range of industries. From our humble beginnings in 1966 when Founder, Forest Middleton started the business with $7,500 worth of equipment, to the 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility Middleville Tool & Die is housed in today, we have evolved into a world class engineered products organization.
MTD has always been driven by innovation and strategic partnerships that has allowed us to make revolutionary products for our customers. Manufacturing isn’t a static industry. It requires a certain respect and knowledge of understanding when a process isn’t as efficient as it can be. It’s this very respect and know-how that MTD has carried for the past 50 years and will continue for the next 50 years.
To learn more about MTD, click here to watch a short video.