Bringing Great Minds Together.
Learn more about the positions we are currently hiring for.
Middleville Tool and Die is in need of an individual who can develop, revise, and maintain standards to meet the expectations outlined by IATF 16949 (APQP and PPAP manuals) and customer specific requirements relating to initial product submissions, as well as engineering change submissions throughout the product life cycle.
- Stays current on all customer specifics, APQP standards and other applicable standards.
- Maintains File system for historical record of submissions.
- Develop, review and approve MTD and Supplier IMDS submissions.
- Coordinate the engineering change process activities. Follow up with team members on action items to ensure timely implementation of engineering changes.
- Provides daily communication of submission gaps and actions required to the engineering team and escalates to managers as needed to ensure submission due dates are achieved.
- Coordinate timely submission of all required documentation as required by the customer for all new PPAP requests (i.e., new products, Product/Process changes and Annual validations).
- Monitors customer sites for new PPAP request, submissions status updates, then updates team and tracking documents accordingly.
- Develop, review and maintain standards related to Product/ Process submissions (including methods for communicating, tracking and controlling of all documentation related to these submissions).
- Develop, review and maintain the electronic documentation file system including controlled prints, Customer Files, PPAP documents, and APQP file folders.
- Collect and maintain master PPAP samples (Master Sample Room).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Perform related duties as assigned including PPAP document creation or modification.
- Suggests and implements ideas to increase personal and departmental efficiency.
- Organizes and maintains personal work area to optimize productivity.
- Anticipates problems and attempts to eliminate them before they occur.
- Increases necessary technical knowledge through seminars and training.
- Writes and presents professional emails, memos, reports and presentations.
- Maintains MTD values through thoughts and actions.
- Issue and maintain control of Quality Procedures, Instructions, Records, Forms and accompanying documentation.
- Maintain control of Customer Specification.
At least three years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Exposure to manufacturing engineering and quality engineering environment
Proficient with using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
The ability to professionally interface with manufacturing, supervisory, and management-level co-workers
Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
A high school diploma, a bachelor degree preferred
A solid work record, including attendance.
Middleville Tool & Die is in need of CNC Machinists whose primary responsibility will be operation of CNC Mills. Including but not limited to setup / pickup of details, loading, and if necessary editing programs either by G code at the control or thru the Software. While working with the CNC Leader, Programmers, Die Makers, and Die repair.
1. Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow both verbal and written lineup.
2. Ability to use and read Micrometer, Calipers, and other precision measuring tools.
3. Ability to read and understand part prints, color codes, and part tolerances.
4. Insure a safe clean working environment. Promote and support MTD’s Lean system, ensuring
5-S standards are followed.
5. Perform and assist in the maintenance of CNC equipment as necessary.
6. Perform related duties as assigned.
7. Make recommendations to the CNC Leader for the purchase of perishable tools and equipment.
8. The ability to run multiple machines at once.
9. The ability to setup workpiece, load program and inspect size / fit of components without assistance, including but not limited to indicating, edge finding, building tools and setting Z offset and diameter compensation offsets.
High school education. Additional courses in drafting, blueprint reading and CAD/CAM software applications would be beneficial. MasterCam programming software is also beneficial.
A minimum of two (2) years experience as a CNC Operator is required. Working Knowledge of OKK Mills is a plus.
Middleville Tool and Die is searching for an individual who is capable of running all Weld Cells and support equipment and may be utilized as a fill-in operator when needed. Responsible for the reduction of downtime as related to all aspects of changeover processes utilizing MTPS practices. Create, maintain, monitor regularly, and drive improvement of Standardized Work Instructions for changeover processes and procedures.
- Maintain clean and safe working conditions throughout the plant and resolve and/or report any potential risks to safety and health, especially with processes and systems, right away.
- Follow all health and safety standards, including personal protective equipment requirements for the work environment.
- Provide assistance and input when incorporating sensors and other measurement technology into new and existing processes to improve quality and/or productivity.
- Provide assistance and input with engineering improvements for process setups, material handling, storage, layouts, work cells, and any other functions that directly impact the manufacturing performance.
- Use of Global Shop system to monitor requirements, implement work schedule for area, and report production as directed by the Supervisor. Assist and control all processing of product through all step of Global Shop to completion.
- Assume the production responsibility of the Production Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Coach new operators and assist them in making decisions about part quality, as well as how to identify and properly tag and label different types of scrap.
- Perform the duties of and assist co-workers with the duties as needed for the positions of Weld Cell Operator, Coil Tech, Hilo Driver duties, as needed to meet MTPS objectives.
- Assist as needed on first, hourly, last piece and end of run inspection as well as signing off on 1st piece at the start of the shift.
- Complete and monitor Hour-by-Hour charts as necessary, while analyzing, revising, and implementing change relative to reduced downtime MTPS goals and objectives.
- Perform daily end of shift inventories of required tools, bolts, and 5S requirements at each cell.
- Train all operator on proper procedures and standardized work instructions.
- Participate in continuous improvement, waste reduction activities and standard of clean.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product through team involvement.
- Organize and maintain both personal and team work areas (based on audit scores).
- Communicate optimally to provide accurate, necessary and timely information to all team members.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures, and perform related duties as assigned.
Equivalent to a high school education with specialized training in MTPS. Leadership, problem solving and harassment training required.
One (1) to two (2) years of team lead experience with ability to operate all Weld Cells and associated support equipment.
Will be trained to operate all production machines and feed equipment, including transfers, according to Specifications, Machine Operating Instructions, and the Part Control Plan. Fill out Hour-by-Hour Charts with shift information and problem identification information.
- Lift, load, and unload parts in a manufacturing machine, utilizing proper containers and packaging according to the Part Control Plan.
- Observe machine operations, for position of work pieces and abnormal movements or sounds which may indicate a process or equipment problem.
- Operators must stop machine with Top/Emergency Stop Buttons and/or Main Power and then report malfunction to the Zone Leader.
- Assist in the set-up of dies, fixtures, or tools at the assigned work center.
- Set production machines and support equipment in accordance with the Part Control Plan and Set-up Sheet.
- Check parts for non-conformance in accordance with the Part Control Plan.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean and safe working conditions throughout the plant.
- Participate in continuous improvement and waste reduction activities.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and safety.
- Assist in identifying and resolving manufacturing problems through team involvement.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum of six (6) months related experience.
Errors could result in high monetary losses if machines or dies are damaged and adversely effect
the Company’s relationship with Customers.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Duties are of a routine and repetitive nature involving the operation of various production
Middleville Tool & Die is in need of Press Operators that must have experience in operating all production machines and feed equipment, including transfers, according to Specifications, Machine Operating Instructions, and the Part Control Plan.
1. Maintain clean and safe working conditions throughout the plant and resolve and/or report
any potential risks to safety and health right away.
2. Follow all health and safety standards, including personal protective equipment
requirements for the work environment.
3. Request and verify the proper raw material according to Part Control Plans.
4. Prepare dies, production machines, and work site for installation and set up, including
fixtures and tools at the assigned work center.
5. Load, remove, start, end and band coils as needed to assist coil technician.
6. Safely operate hilos, cranes, and die carts to transport dies, coils, finished product, etc.
7. Prepare, load and adjust straighteners and feeders, and install and remove dies.
8. Set production machines and operate support equipment in accordance with the Quality
Data Sheets and Set-up Sheets.
9. Maintain press fluid levels.
10. Troubleshoot machines (using Smart Pac, sensors, and controls) to ensure both quality
and maximum levels of production.
11. If a problem with machines occurs Operators must stop machines with Top/Emergency
Stop Buttons and/or Main Power and then report malfunction to the Press Technician.
12. Read, understand, complete and follow all production paperwork, including Tags,
Quality Data Sheets and Set-up Sheets.
13. Conduct first piece and parts-in-process inspections for non-conformance according to
Part Control Plans.
14. Use calipers, micrometers, height gages, protractors, and ring gages to assure quality
15. Interpret CMM reports.
16. Participate in continuous improvement, waste reduction activities and standard of clean.
17. Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and
quality of product through team involvement.
18. Organize and maintain both personal and team work areas (based on audit scores).
19. Communicate optimally to provide accurate, necessary, and timely information to all
0-1 Year Job Experience
Middleville Tool and Die is seeking an individual who can operate a 5-axis Robot Welder in addition to most production machines according to Specifications and Machine Operating Instructions. Fill out Hour-by-Hour Charts with shift results and problem identification information. This position reports to the Weld Leader.
- Setup fixtures and welder according to the Part Control Plan.
- Lifts and loads parts per instructions. Pushes buttons to start and activate machine.
- Observes machine operations, supplies, and position of work pieces to detect malfunctions, or misaligned parts.
- For safety, Operators must know how to stop machine with Emergency Stop Buttons and
- Main Power then report malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Inspects joined components for defects.
- Unloads parts from welder and places into a specified container.
- Requisitions welding wire and related supplies through the Purchasing Department.
- Periodically checks parts for non-conformance.
- Effectively stocks parts at work station as needed.
- Cleans machine, work area, during and after production.
- Follows Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe working conditions throughout the plant.
- Participates in continuous improvement MTPS activities.
- Actively uses checking fixtures in the proper manner.
- Participates in overall machine effectiveness efforts and waste reduction.
- Works in the most efficient manner to meet and exceed all established corporate goals.
- Assists in analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum of two (2) years related experience.
Middleville Tool and Die is searching for a Sr. Quality engineer for implementing and monitoring the Quality System.
Develop new quality standards and establish programs for implementing and monitoring customer and supplier quality requirements acting as liaison for problems and concerns.
Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
Responsible for the accomplishment of established quality goals.
Plan effective product acceptance procedures including inspection instructions for incoming, in-process, and final inspection/audit and gage and testing equipment.
Prepare Customer ISIR / PPAP for new, take-over, and die only projects assuring all Customer approvals obtained.
Provide quality support to Design, Tool Build, and Manufacturing ensuring compliance with all quality requirements.
Maintain Problem Solving and Corrective Action Systems assuring identification, root cause, permanent corrective action, and responsive action for responsible department or Associates. Maintain status and follow-up on required actions and provide summary reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Evaluate returned product and provide appropriate corrective action.
Maintain and control the Nonconforming Hold Area for timely and valid disposition of nonconforming or suspect material.
Implement quality improvements reducing total cost of quality in manufacturing.
Monitor, revise, and implement quality system procedures and instruction establishing training programs for Associates as required.
Provide process control measurement required by Customer and manufacturing processes.
Research changing technology and develop new quality and reliability techniques as required.
Collaborate with Associates and Engineers from other departments researching new processes and improving existing processes, tooling, and equipment.
Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Promote team approach to problem solving as Team Leader, Member, or Coach troubleshooting operational issues on a daily basis.
Develop and/or aide in the development of Standardized Work Instruction for consistent manufacturing methods.
Analyze and revise control plans and inspection sheets considering tool design/build to determine characteristics that can actually change eliminating time wasted checking characteristics that cannot change.
Drive reduction of process/dimensional variation.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Education:
Equivalent to a four year college degree with technical training in inspection policies, practices, and objectives.
Should be familiar with layout and statistical techniques.
Approximately five years of related experience in automotive and office furniture oriented manufacturing. Should also have some customer contact experience. Background should include experience in stamping, assembly, etc.
Middleville Tool & Die is in need of Maintenance Technicians on all shifts. A $1,500 signing bonus will be granted to qualified new hires. Maintenance Technicians will assist in maintaining machines and equipment to operate at peak efficiency with maximum utilization and up time. Performs predictive, preventative as well as inspection maintenance. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
1. Performs breakdown maintenance as well as predictive and preventative maintenance.
2. Provides feedback to both Production and Maintenance Associates.
3. Identifies potential safety problems and makes needed safety adjustments as necessary.
4. Identifies potential problem areas within the production area.
5. Identifies downtime causes, and reports same to Production and Maintenance Associates.
6. Rebuild components as needed.
7. Assists in development of Maintenance Procedures and Processes.
8. Performs corrective maintenance, lubrication, and equipment inspection.
9. Assists in identifying causes during inspection and make needed adjustments as necessary.
10. Provide written feedback on work performed on work orders, inspection check list and repair
11. Participates in overall machine effectiveness efforts and waste reduction.
12. Works in the most efficient manner to meet and exceed all established corporate goals.
13. Assists in analyzing and resolving work problems.
14. Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and
quality of product.
15. Maintains good housekeeping in all areas.
Equivalent to a high school education with additional formal training in maintenance or related
courses to include electrical and hydraulic exposure.
Minimum of two (2) years in general maintenance, of which one (1) years experience should berelated to stamping presses and support equipment.Must be well versed in electrical and hydraulic aspects of machinery.
Middleville Tool and Die is searching for a candidate who will maintain and update the plant electrical controls/distribution regarding hardwire, hands-on panel work, and thorough documentation. He/she must be proficient with UL practices. This position requires a strong aptitude in industrial controls with attention to detail. An accredited Electrical Engineer is preferred or a candidate with comparable on-the-job experience will be considered.
- Trouble-shoot electrical control issues as they arise
- Familiarity with wiring PLC’s and PLC troubleshooting
- Familiarity with panel and machine hardwiring
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Perform daily rounds during production.
- Build new and modify existing control systems to UL standards.
- Maintain Electrical Database with up-to-date digitalized hardware manuals, notes, photos, schematics, and UL data.
- Maintain plant electrical inventory and component certifications.
- Be proactive in disseminating information and educate members of Production and Engineering staff to have a working knowledge of the Automation System.
- Create and maintain electrical safety procedures, OSHA compliance including Lockout/Tag-out procedures.
- Understand basic Electrical Engineering concepts
- 3 phase, 480V power distribution, motors, starters, and troubleshooting methods
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Equivalent to a high school education with additional formal training in maintenance or related courses to include electrical and hydraulic exposure.
Minimum of two (2) years in general maintenance, of which two (2) years’ experience should be in controls and electrical. Must be well versed in electrical and hydraulic aspects of machinery. Experience with stamping presses and support equipment in a fast paced production environment is a plus.
Middleville Tool and Die is seeking an individual to maintain and care for die to ensure excellent condition. Work with teams to troubleshoot die problems and issues for production efficiency.
- Responsible for the repair, cleaning, and troubleshooting of dies.
- Work with the production department with all tooling issues.
- Coordinate with tool room with regards to repairs and preventative maintenance that cannot be done in-house.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- With proper approval fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
- Order material, responsible for correct inventory, and parts needed for tool repair and maintenance Initiate and conduct preventative maintenance on all dies.
Equivalent to a high school education with some formal training in a specific field.
Minimum eight (8) years tool room experience in progressive die building and/or hold a Journeyman Card. Must be highly skilled in die making and must have through knowledge of all tool build processes.