JOIN THE MTD TEAM
In Search Of Tool Room Manager
Middleville Tool & Die is looking for a Tool Room Manager that would be responsible for all team members assigned to the Tool Room; including attendance, quality, efficiency, discipline and morale. Responsible for coordinating tool build activities and die repair requirements as necessary by working with Manufacturing department. Oversees all Tool & Die Makers; new die build and maintenance. Familiar with all tool room equipment, machinery and procedures. Knowledge of types of raw metal materials and their respective applications, such as heat treating and appropriate coatings.
Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
- Works with Program Manager, Machining and Director of Engineering & Tooling to ensure timeline provided is adhered to and meets customer timing.
- Involved with all job on the floor, checking the Tool Build Schedule for changes daily to assure on time deliveries.
- Coordinate employee activities on all shifts to reduce lead-time requirements.
- Responsible for PPAP run-offs, in house and at the Customer’s facility as required.Provide a smooth flow of work between shifts ensuring scheduled Too Room work can be completed on schedule, in
- Provide a smooth flow of work between shifts ensuring scheduled Too Room work can be completed on schedule, in house.
- Analyze troubleshoot, and oversee tool build process to completion meeting customers time and expectations.
- Participate in Customer review closing open items so tools can ship on time.
- Attend all initial, intermediate and final design reviews.
- Ensure all perishable tooling minimum levels are met on manufacturing tooling at all times.
- Follow Die Repair Schedule provided by Master Scheduler
- Investigate and report on die repair tags and all replacement work to toolingPerform in press repair as needed.
- Perform in press repair as needed.
- Develop a pro-active approach for tooling repair/replacement.
- Determine extent of repairs and time require and communicated to Master Scheduler if unable to meet schedule.
- Assist in determining if repairs are to be completed in-house or out sources. Follow through with task.
- Insure all manufacturing quality of workmanship is adhered to.
- Process all necessary records on repaired dies as required.
- Work closely with Shift Leaders on related manufacturing activities.Insure a safe, clean working environment, promote and support lean system by ensuring 5-S standards are followed.
- Insure a safe, clean working environment, promote and support lean system by ensuring 5-S standards are followed.