JOIN THE MTD TEAM
In Search Of Controls Electrician
Middleville Tool & Die, Co. is seeking a Controls Electrician. The ideal candidate will maintain and update the plant electrical controls/distributionregarding hard wire, hands-on panel work, and thorough documentation. He/she must be proficient with UL practices. This position requires a strong aptitude in industrial controls with attention to detail. An accredited Electrical Engineer is preferred or a candidate with comparable on-the-job experience will be considered.
Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
• Trouble-shoot electrical control issues as they arise
• Familiarity with wiring PLC’s and PLC troubleshooting
• Familiarity with panel and machine hard wiring
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Perform daily rounds during production.
• Build new and modify existing control systems to UL standards.
• Maintain Electrical Database with up-to-date digitalized hardware manuals, notes, photos, schematics, and UL data.
• Maintain plant electrical inventory and component certifications.
• Be proactive in disseminating information and educate members of Production and Engineering staff to have a working knowledge of the Automation System.
• Create and maintain electrical safety procedures, OSHA compliance including Lockout/Tag-out procedures.
• Understand basic Electrical Engineering concepts
• 3 phase, 480V power distribution, motors, starters, and troubleshooting methods
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Maintains good housekeeping in all areas.